Crock Pot Rice Krispies Treats

rice krispy treat

An easy treat gets EVEN easier when you make it in the crock pot! And if you can believe it, these rice krispy treats are even tastier with this method, since the cereal becomes just a tiny bit toasted. I couldn’t even wait for these to cool! They are THAT fabulous.

Crock Pot Rice Krispies Treats

Ingredients:

• 3 tablespoons of butter
  • 1 bag of marshmallows
  • 6 cups of rice krispies cereal
  1. Place butter in the bottom of the crock pot
  2. Layer marshmallows on top of the butter
  3. Layer cereal on top of the marshmallows
  4. Cook on high for one hour. Marshmallows should be melted and cereal slightly toasted
  5. Stir and place in wax paper lined pan
  6. Cool (or don’t) and eat!

Seriously. That easy and SO good!

Let me know if you make these and love them even more than the regular method.

About Ashley

Ashley is the newest writer for One Little Mister. She is a 25 year old preschool teacher and first time mother to son Garrett. Her interests include breastfeeding, crafting, researching child growth and development topics until all hours of the night, drinking lots of coffee, and talking about cricket on twitter.

Comments

1. I’ve never heard of doing it in the crock pot before! I’ll have to try this!

2. courtney b says:

ha! who knew? are they really that good though? they look kind of strange, either way i’m gonna try it!

3. Thank you so much for such an awesome recipe its a must try at home during the weekend

4. Yolanda Flores says:

Just gave my daughter a crockpot; this is going to be a great recipe for her to try.

5. Danalee Davis says:

I would love to try rice krispies this way. It looks really good! Thank you for sharing this idea.

6. I never thought you could do this in a crockpot. My kids and I love rice krispies treats.

7. i have loved rice crispy treats my whole life and have now found an easier way to make them and its kid friendly … love love love it!! thanks so much!

8. Erin Knack says:

I have never heard of this before! To be honest, I wouldn’t even think that it would come out if you did it in a crock pot. I am very intrigued by this!

9. I got a new crock pot for Christmas and have been saving recipes for it since. How clever! I saw this and knew I had to try it! Thanks for sharing it, I’m off to buy some marshmallows! :)

10. Marcia Lee says:

This is amazing. I would never have thought to try making Rice Krispies Treats in my crockpot. Thank you for sharing your recipe.

11. Sandy Cain says:

Rice krispie treats in a crock-pot! Never would have occured to me. I tried them in the microwave once – OMG, don’t anybody make the same mistake! The marshmallows blew up all over the microwave and it took HOURS to clean it! But this sounds safer!!!!!!!

Copyright © One Little Mister 2014 · All Rights Reserved · Theme customized by One Little Mister
Terms of Use · Privacy Policy · Disclosure · Sitemap